We're back . . .
Yuko and I were in the US for almost 4 weeks, and we just got back. Here's a rundown of what we did.
The first 10 days or so we spent taking it easy in the Pacific Northwest (and shopping). During that time we went camping up at Mt. Rainier, at the Ohanapecosh campground. It was beautiful -- surrounded by huge douglas fir, hemlock and cedar trees, with the clear Ohanapecosh River flowing by. It was off season, so there weren't too many people, either. In the picture I look like I'm blind and Yuko is leading me to the mountain, but never mind . . .

We also hiked up to Comet Falls, but the water volume over the falls was not so good. Still, it's a pretty sight, don't you think? Also, check out the footbridge that we had to cross over the Van Trump River . . . the water looks really muddy because of all the glacial runoff.

After that we flew out to Atlanta for my cousin Judy's wedding. My next post will be about the wedding . . .
On the way back to Seattle we stopped in California for a week. Monterey, especially, was great -- beautiful weather every day. We had our favorite lunch, Vivolo's clam chowder in a sourdough bowl with garlic cheese lid, the first day there!

I also got to drive the sweet '68 Barracuda -- I love this car.

The best part of the whole trip, though, was just being able to relax and lounge around at home -- it is so peaceful in Gig Harbor -- here's proof.

More to come later.
The first 10 days or so we spent taking it easy in the Pacific Northwest (and shopping). During that time we went camping up at Mt. Rainier, at the Ohanapecosh campground. It was beautiful -- surrounded by huge douglas fir, hemlock and cedar trees, with the clear Ohanapecosh River flowing by. It was off season, so there weren't too many people, either. In the picture I look like I'm blind and Yuko is leading me to the mountain, but never mind . . .

We also hiked up to Comet Falls, but the water volume over the falls was not so good. Still, it's a pretty sight, don't you think? Also, check out the footbridge that we had to cross over the Van Trump River . . . the water looks really muddy because of all the glacial runoff.

After that we flew out to Atlanta for my cousin Judy's wedding. My next post will be about the wedding . . .
On the way back to Seattle we stopped in California for a week. Monterey, especially, was great -- beautiful weather every day. We had our favorite lunch, Vivolo's clam chowder in a sourdough bowl with garlic cheese lid, the first day there!

I also got to drive the sweet '68 Barracuda -- I love this car.

The best part of the whole trip, though, was just being able to relax and lounge around at home -- it is so peaceful in Gig Harbor -- here's proof.
More to come later.

1 Comments:
At 10/02/2005 9:38 AM,
Katie Grouse said…
I love the pics. You do sorta look like the blind guy who's wife helped him go hiking. Yummy Vivolo's clam chowder in sourdough bowl ... I want one! Post more pics soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home