Across the Pond

Greetings from Tokyo! Yuko and I have lived here for the last 3 years together. I'm a Pacific Northwesterner, from Gig Harbor, WA; she's from the Tokyo area. Check in often to see what we're up to . . .

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Dinner Monday night . . .

How smooth is this guy??















This is my good friend Fabrice, by far the coolest Frenchman I've ever met. Last night Yuko and I had dinner at Fabrice's place, in Shoto, an upscale area of Tokyo very near Shibuya, with a third couple we hadn't met before. I hadn't hung out with Fabrice in a few months, so it was great to see him and his girlfriend again.

The dinner was delicious - Fabrice BBQed steak, chicken and some Korean-style bulgogi, and we had green, carrot and seafood salads. Also some very nice bread and a beautiful (and smelly!) wheel of munster cheese. Yuko also made her cafe ole bread and brought it over for dessert - yum!



We went through a bottle of champagne and three bottles of great French red wine, and before we knew it it was past midnight. Yuko and I scampered home in a cab - had to get up early for work the next day! A very nice Monday night.

Yuko and I met Fabrice in Hanoi, May 2004 when we were both traveling there on vacation. We traveled together to Ha Long Bay and have been friends ever since. Here is a photo of those days (Yuko and I in the center, Fabrice and his ex-girlfriend on the corners).



And here's Fabrice after he went local . . . .

1 Comments:

  • At 8/30/2005 8:46 AM, Blogger Katie Grouse said…

    Yeah, very suave... so is he still single? Heh heh, just kidding. Or am I? Actually, right now I seem to be sweating people who can convincingly play psychotic terrorists....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home