Across the Pond

Greetings from Tokyo! Yuko and I have lived here for the last 3 years together. I'm a Pacific Northwesterner, from Gig Harbor, WA; she's from the Tokyo area. Check in often to see what we're up to . . .

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Philippines Dive Trip -- Part 1

It's taken me a while to get around to updating this, but here are some photos of my recent dive trip to the Philippines. I went with my friend Matt, and after some excitement we met up with our friend Chris there in Manila. Matt & I were very lucky in that Chris has been to the Philippines many times, and organized our trip for us. The three of us spent our first 5 days or so in Puerto Galera, getting our gear wet and doing some leisurely diving there. The last 5 days we spent diving at the Tubbataha reefs, in the middle of the Sulu Sea about 180 km southeast of Puerto Princesa, a city on the island of Palawan. I'll put up some photos of the Tubbataha trip in my 2nd post.

At Puerto Galera, we stayed at La Laguna Beach Resort, a place Chris knew. It's in a great spot, with very friendly staff and great food, and the diving there greatly exceeded my expectations. Here are some photos (taken by Matt, who was the only one of us who had an underwater camera at the time) from the Puerto Galera area.



Anemonefish & coral.














Spadefish & anthias.













Frogfish -- do you see it?















Scorpionfish.














Lionfish on wreck.













Golden rabbitfish on wreck.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home